US Army Ignited a.k.a. COOL
Army Active Duty Annual Investment: $1,000 a year
1. Navigate to the ArmyIgnitED website (www.armyignited.com) - best browsers: Microsoft Edge; Firefox (if you find issues logging in).
2. Click the Get Started button on the Home Page.
3. Click Create an Account to create a Login.gov account** and follow the on-screen prompts
a. Confirm your email and select a Multi-Factor Authentication method
i. If you are a Government Employee – select Government Employee ID
ii. If you are a Non-Government Employees – select Phone
iii. Continue following the onscreen prompts
b. ** If you have previously had a Login.gov account, you can opt to Login at login.gov instead of creating a new Login.gov account. This step will link your current login.gov account with access to the ArmyIgnitED application.
4. Once you have successfully created your Login.gov account, you will be directed back to the ArmyIgnitED application.
5. Click Request Vendor Account which will open an email template asking for information necessary for ArmyIgnitED administrators to establish your account. After sending that email, you can exit the ArmyIgnitED application.
6. You will be notified via email once you are set up as a Vendor user of ArmyIgnitED.
7. Once approved, navigate to the ArmyIgnitED website (www.armyignited.com), click Get Started and follow the on-screen prompts to finish creating your vendor account.
US Air Force COOL
Lifetime Investment: $4,500
1- Explore AF COOL Credentials
2- Credentialing Eligibility Letter
3- Create Education Goal
4- Start a Funding Request
5- AF COOL Approval Process
6- Study and Take Exam
Veterans Readiness and Employment
How to Apply
Eligible Veterans and Servicemembers may apply for either Veteran Readiness and Employment benefits or for Education/Career Counseling on-line through eBenefits. It's simple to apply. Just follow these steps:
Log in to your eBenefits account.
Select "Additional Benefits" from your Dashboard.
Select "Veteran Readiness and Employment Program" - be sure to read the program information and to update your contact information - and apply for either the "Veteran Readiness and Employment Program" or "Education/Career Counseling".
If it is determined that you are eligible, you will be invited to attend an orientation session, in-person, at the nearest VA Regional Office.
Servicemembers who have a disability that began or became worse during active duty and who have not yet received a service-connected disability (SCD) rating do not need to wait to apply. See VA Form 28-0588 for further instructions.
For Servicemembers: Ill or injured Servicemembers who have not yet received a SCD rating do not need to wait to apply. Servicemembers expecting a discharge that is other than dishonorable who possess a VA memorandum or Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) rating of 20 percent or more—as well as Servicemembers currently going through a Physical Evaluation Board—may be eligible to receive VR&E services.